Wednesday, February 3, 2010

We're alive...I promise!

Wow...I am so sorry to all our friends and relatives who read this blog. Life has been nuts lately..(more so than usual!) I'll try to do better...

We've had an interesting winter...Blacksburg has gotten way more snow than normal. In turn, the kids have not had a normal, full week of school since before Christmas break. They are getting pretty stir crazy...thank goodness for the Wii! Kimmi had her first choir concert over the holidays and did such a good job. She has also started on a basketball team and is continuing to love piano. Alli is still loving her first year of piano lessons. She's also taking swimming lessons and is really getting good at a few different strokes. David (16mo) is walking (FINALLY!) and saying several words. He is so active, but also very lovable. He loves to give kisses and is obsessed with balls and doggies. We just started a mommy and me music class which he seems to like too.

Drew is finishing up his final semester in the MBA program and has decided to pursue his PhD afterwards. We have applications in to several schools and are hoping to find out soon where we'll be for the next 4 years of our lives! Although this will be a LONG process, we really feel like it's what we're supposed to do and that Drew will make an excellent professor!

Speaking of school...I have decided to go back to school and finish my Bachelors degree!! I have been wanting to figure out a way for some time now. Recently, BYU-Idaho launched an online degree completion program for former students like myself! So, I decided to go for it! What better time than now when we still qualify for Pell Grants, etc! I'm nervous though...motherhood has sucked most of the "smarts" from my brain!

Well. That's the update. Here are a few pictures and little videos for your viewing pleasure!


David "helping" with the dishes

This was the first of two huge snow storms (possibly 3 by this weekend!..ugh)

Alli and her gingerbread house...keeping busy on a snow day!

Kimmi and her gingerbread house...notice her "front yard"..she's loves to make a whole scene.

My messy, independent boy...no way mom is gonna feed me!!


video

video

video

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

First of all, I love your voice on the videos...so cute! I can't believe how big David has gotten. He is really adorable.

That is great Drew is going for his PhD!! In this day and age I think it'll help him out more than the MBA in the long run. Good for him...that's quite an endeavor.

I too went back to school to do an online program. It's been challenging doing school while being home with little ones, but I also feel like I'm using a part of my brain that hasn't been used in a while. I've really enjoyed it. Good luck to you!

Diane said...

the pictures are adorable!!! I can't see the videos, though. When I click on them it says "This video is not available. Please try again later." I've tried on a couple of computers, but can't get them to work. I want to see them soooo bad. any ideas? I love the gingerbread houses....how cute, and how fun for the girls! David is such a cutie, I can't wait to see him next weekend! Love you guys!

Diane said...

oh, another thing.....your blog is adorable. I love the layout! So cute!

Hules said...

Love the photo at the top of your blog. Did you take that? I can't believe how much Kimmi looks like you! Beautiful girls & adorable little boy. Good luck on continuing your educational endeavors. Will you still be studying music for your Bachelor's? You are amazing. I'm such a music major wannabe... But alas, I settled for a minor. I've done mountains more with music since I was married. Thanks to my hubby. With all your talent are you still singin'? How 'bout that Once 2 year old star spangled banner singer brother of yours? Did he grow up to be a professional musician? Man, you guys have talent! Love you! Julia

Hules said...

Oh, hey are you guys still able to login to my blog, or has your email changed?

said...

sac burberry
sac chanel
chaussures nike
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
chaussures puma
portefeuille louis vuitton
chaussures louis vuitton
tee-shirts louis vuitton
louis vuitton pas cher
sac juicy
sac louis vuitton 2012
louis vuitton soldes
chaussures jordan hommes
chaussures nike air max hommes
chaussures gucci femmes
chaussures christian louboutin femmes

texasalarm said...

I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable and legislative information with your post......



Also click on these keywords :-- Home Security | home security alarm | ADT Alarm Monitoring | ADT Security Service | Burglar alarm systems | Home alarm | ADT Wireless Alarm Monitoring | Wireless Home Security | Wireless Home alarm | Americas Ultimate Security | Home alarm Monitoring | Home Monitoring | security System | alarm system | adt texas alarm | Security Monitoring | burglar alarm

fashions7 said...

Jordan Spizike Bordeaux Glow 2012 Cheap
Jordan Son of Mars olympic cheap
Nike Lebron 9 MVP
Air Jordan 2012 Cheap
Jordan 11 2012 Concord Cheap
Nike Air Max 2012
Nike Foamposite 2012
Nike Air Yeezy
Nike Zoom Soldier VI 6
Air Jordan 11 Low White Varsity Red
Jordan 10 Retro black stealth cheap sale
Air Jordan 9 White Black True Red cheap
Air Jordan 8 Aqua Black Concord Cheap
Air Jordan Retro 7 Olympic Cheap
Air Jordan 6 VI Olympics Cheap
Nike Air Lebron Slide
Kobe Bryant Shoes
Adidas Dwight Howard
Nike Zoom KD
Adizero Crazy Light 2 Shoes
Nike Air Max 2012
Nike Foamposite 2012
Nike Air Yeezy
Nike Zoom Soldier VI 6
Jordan 5 Olympic
Jordan 3 Cement Cheap